Ten years in the making, this book is truly complete and the first of its kind.
The Art and Science of Cricket represents the groundbreaking partnership between international cricket coach Bob Woolmer and renowned sports scientist Tim Noakes, who combined their skills to create this one-of-a-kind encyclopedic guide to cricket.
The author provides exhaustive instruction and guidance, covering the entire range of techniques and strategies. Explanatory illustrations, anecdotes and handy tips from some of the game’s greatest players are also included.
Some of the features are:
- Advice on batting, bowling, fielding and wicket-keeping
- Woolmer’s personal philosophies
- Unique insights on the required mental skills
- Training, nutrition and injuries
- Clothing, equipment and the rules of cricket
- Cutting-edge research on the science and medicine of cricket
- Action photos of international league play
- Cricketing lore for lovers of the game.
The Art and Science of Cricket is the ultimate book for cricket fans, players and coaches.
About the Author
Bob Woolmer played cricket at the highest levels and was considered the most innovative coach at the time of his tragic and untimely death at the 2007 World Cup.